Two Day Private Skills Intensive Workshop
Turn Common Sense Into Common Practices that Make a Difference
Introduce Positive Approach® to Care (PAC) philosophy and care partnering techniques to your staff and professional network.
This fundamental, interactive training is designed for up to 18 members of your care team. Host a training for your community or invite key team members from sister communities to learn and practice care partnering techniques including Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA) and Hand-under-Hand® (HuH) guide and assist.
Day One - Classroom Training
Day One provides an intensive focus on specific areas of dementia awareness and knowledge, as well as structured time to drill core skills for development in a classroom setting.
Day 2 - Classroom and On-the-Floor Skills Practice
Day 2 provides the next level of skill development, incorporating on-the-floor coaching by PAC Mentors to practice Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand-under-Hand® in actual care scenarios throughout the training day.
- Learn foundational dementia related information.
- Learn to apply knowledge and skill in Positive Approach® philosophy, Positive Physical Approach™ (PPA) and Hand-under-Hand® (HuH).
- Learn the GEMS® Abilities Model and how to see people living with dementia as precious, unique, and capable.
- Begin to learn how to offer support based on an individual’s GEMS® state and their unmet needs.
- Begin to learn how to use the Six Pieces of the Puzzle to address challenging situations.
- Improve day-to-day interactions and outcomes with residents.
$6,000 + travel for two PAC Skills Mentors
(Each day = 4.5 hours of content/Max 18 participants)
Book staff training today and take the first step toward enhancing your team’s awareness and knowledge of dementia, while improving their understanding of specific techniques and hands-on skills that create quality of life for people living with dementia.